Colfax Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the Fire Captain Possition
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED)
- NC Class B Driver’s License
- Firefighter 2
- Fire Officer 2
- NIMS 300
- Fire Service Instructor
- Fire & Life Safety Educator
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Technical Rescuer
Above qualifications, in addition to College level classes (Associates degree preferred) or a combination of college level classes, with combination of management and fire suppression experience.
Above qualifications must be obtained within a period of time to be determined by the Fire Chief.
Modified 24/48, which gives four days off every third weekend.
Competitive Benefit Package
- Paid vacation/ Holiday pay/ Paid sick leave/
- Educational incentive for college degree
- Paid medical / dental / vision insurance along with family coverage available
- Supplemental insurance available
- NC local government retirement
For application packet or further information, contact Assistant Chief Andrew Fair at 336-993-4931
Colfax Fire Department does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.